October 20, 2022 •
There is a common saying that goes – ‘Home is where the heart is.’ Thus, it is only natural for someone to find it difficult to part with their house or property due to some form of emotion or sentiment attached to it.
Nevertheless, many of us may face certain unexpected circumstances that may require us to arrange for finances beyond our immediate capabilities. In such cases, putting up your property as collateral or mortgage for a loan can prove to be a lifesaver. Let’s understand what a Mortgage Loan is and how it works.
Mortgage Loan: What it is and How it Works?
A Mortgage Loan is a type of secured loan through which lenders provide financial assistance to an individual or an entity in exchange for keeping one or more of their properties as collateral.
The asset stays as a security with the lender till you pay back the loan as per the specified repayment tenure, which is usually up to 15 years. Such loans can also be availed by real estate buyers to finance the purchase of a new property.
Here are the different types of Mortgage Loans offered by most lending institutions in India:
- Loan Against Property (home/commercial) - A Loan Against Property (LAP) involves putting up your property as mortgage or collateral to receive an amount to fulfil your specific needs. It could be against land/plot(s), residential property, or commercial real estate.
- Fixed-rate - Fixed-rate Mortgage Loans are provided at a fixed rate of interest, which further allows the borrower to figure out their loan liability and calculate the EMI amount that they need to pay over the loan tenure.
- Floating/Variable-rate - A Floating or variable rate Mortgage Loan is provided at a variable rate of interest, which means the interest rate may fluctuate while paying off your loan over the repayment period.
- Adjustable rate - In an Adjustable-rate Mortgage Loan, the rate of interest is initially fixed and is eventually adjusted according to market fluctuations.
Benefits of Mortgage Loan
Here are some of the top benefits of getting a Mortgage Loan in India:
- Higher Loan-to-Value Ratio - Your property can help you enjoy a high loan-to-value (LTV) ratio as per its market value, allowing you to fulfil any of your goals with the amount received.
- Hassle-free Loan Processing - Loan processing has never been easier as you get to easily apply for a Mortgage Loan online and fulfil the basic eligibility criteria. You only must furnish the required documents to avail of a loan.
- Minimum Paperwork - These days, you don’t have to worry about endless paperwork while applying for a loan. Simply provide basic documents to save time.
- Competitive Interest Rates - Get the best funds against your property at reasonable interest rates that allow you to pay off your EMIs without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Transparent Loan Processing - Nowadays, more individuals are becoming aware of different financial products. Hence, most lenders have a transparent loan processing system that informs customers of all applicable charges, and no hidden costs are involved.
- Long Repayment Tenure - Some Non-banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) like Poonawalla Fincorp offer long repayment tenure on Mortgage Loans or Loan Against Property that can extend up to 15 years.
- Diverse Product Categories - You can avail of a Mortgage loan for any kind of asset, including properties that are residential, commercial, warehouse, or industrial.
Also Read: Decoding the concept of Loan Against Property (LAP)
Apply for a Mortgage Loan With Poonawalla Fincorp
To apply for a Mortgage Loan with Poonawalla Fincorp, simply follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on our website under ‘Other Loans’ as Loan Against Property.
- Step 2: Enter your details.
- Step 3: Submit the details
- Step 4: Await assessment and verification of loan application.
- Step 5: Receive confirmation on the approval of the loan.
- Step 6: Approve the loan offer and authorise its disbursal.
Irrespective of the kind of property you own, you can easily avail of a Mortgage Loan to meet any of your financial obligations without any hassle.