The doctor-patient ratio in our country is in bad shape. The situation is so alarming that some villages don’t even have a properly registered health clinic in a radius of 5-7 km. To deal with the situation Poonawalla is currently organizing a weekly mobile clinic for the poor masses. The clinic carries a qualified doctor and lab technician team to conducts basic health test like Blood Pressure, BMI & Blood sugar. Our medical camp has also distributed mask and sanitizer to all the visiting patients in the current pandemic. Till Mar’21, we have conducted around 579 health camps across the country and served around 44000 patients.
Promotion of Education
Under this initiative we undertake projects in govt. or trust schools that cater to underprivileged children. From building up infrastructure to set up of digital lab are part of this initiative. Modern facilities with hygiene factors are necessary to promote education among the marginalised kids. In FY 21, we constructed 9 toilets in govt. schools located in rural areas, installed a water purifier at a village school in Odisha and set up a digital lab for high school students in the Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal.
Hunger Free Education
One of the reasons that school drop outs in India continue to be high is what is termed Class Room Hunger! Magma has been working in this area for a few years now. Every year provide mid-day meals to nearly 6500 school kids at different government schools located in Kolkata, Nellore, Aurangabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Faridabad and Delhi. We have a tie-up with ISKCON Food Relief Foundation as our implementation partner for this initiative. . Poonawalla has joined hands with NGOs to provide dry rations, stationery items, and hygiene kits to marginalised kids across the country when schools are closed in the current pandemic situation. In FY 21, we distributed happiness kit (including dry rations, nutrition supplements, stationery, exercise books, masks & sanitisers) to 7500 students. Since 2015 we have served 15.20 lakh mid day meal and touched the lives of over 33000 kids.
Poonawalla believes in “Padhega India tabhi to aagey badhega India”. Under this scheme, Poonawalla supports bright students from under-privileged families to continue to live their dream by pursuing under-graduate studies at prestigious institutes. We have around 650 students enrolled in our scheme from various streams like Engineering, Medical, Humanities, Science, Commerce and Law at some of India’s best known institutions. Most of our first batch (2015) students have completed their college courses and received job offers from various Indian and overseas companies. The said students have now become the bread-earners for their families and helping the nation to grow. We have issued a letter for a fresh scholarship to 250 more students in 2020 and this will increase our students tally to 650.
|Application address:||201 and 202, 2nd floor, AP81, Koregaon Park Annex, Mundhwa, Pune - 411 036|
|Scholarship enquiry contact:(11am to 5pm)||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
One person dies every 3.5 minutes in road accidents on highways in India. The drivers’ fault account for 78.5% (3,81,648 accidents) of the accidents and more than 30% of the total road accident deaths are associated with trucks annually. Of the 1.5 Lac people who die due to accidents annually, most are the main bread-earner for their families (source: Report by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways).
Intending to improve Safety standards and awareness, Poonawalla Fincorp Ltd is running a training cum health & safety programme for the Truck drivers with the help of Petroleum Conservation & Research Association, Govt of India. Till Mar’21 we have conducted camps at more than 190 locations and have trained around 1.85 lakh drivers. The project has featured in the Limca Book of Records for educating the maximum number of drivers on Road Safety.
Poonawalla has around 250+ branches with 7000+ staff across the country. To give CSR a holistic approach, we have decided to take at-least one project in a cluster, which is volunteered mainly by ‘Team Poonawalla’. Poonawalla has also provided emergency services to needy families during the COVID pandemic. Below are a few of the projects taken by the company towards the betterment of society in FY21:
- Contributed INR 5Cr to PM CARES Fund during COVID-19
- Contributed towards the construction of 120 bed super speciality hospital in West Bengal
- Contributed towards the construction of a shelter home and an old age home for women in West Bengal
- Contributed towards the construction of schools for marginalized kids in West Bengal
- Setting up of digital lab for marginalized kids studying in Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu
- Construction of toilet and change room for girls at a govt. school in West Bengal
- Planting of 20000 mangrove saplings in Sunderban, an area affected during Amphan
- Supply of uniform and brailor machine to blind schools located in Chattisgarh and Rajasthan
- Setting up of computer lab at a Ultadanga Govt. sponsored Senior Sec Girls high school
- Infrastructure support to a Govt. high school for boys located in Naihati, West Bengal
- Infrastructure support to a local pathological lab dedicated to senior citizens in Hooghly
- Setting up of community library for villagers at Samastipur, Bihar
- Adopted 15 Ekal school of FTS, a dedicated school for tribal kids in rural areas
- School infrastructure to a local school in West Bengal, catering to slum kids
- Provided school infrastructure to a Govt. school located in Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
- Provided medical equipment to NGO/trust providing free medical treatment to poor people
- Constructed toilets with an overhead water tank at Govt. schools for girls in Karnataka and Odisha
- Contributed towards the reconstruction of an old age home in Kolkata affected by cyclone Amphan
- Cataract surgery + Spectacles for underprivileged people staying in West Bengal, In FY21, we have decided to support 200 such surgeries
- Infrastructural support to an NGO providing shelter to around 50 orphanage/poor kids
- Distributed 2000 PPE kits and installed 11 UV based disinfection tunnels at different police stations located in Kolkata
- Distributed masks and sanitisers to around 45000 marginalised people at several locations across the country
- Provided dry ration/cooked meals to over 28000 individuals during the COVID pandemic
- Infrastructure support to an NGO in Kolkata providing shelter homes to an orphanage and marginalised kids
- Carried out renovation and repair work to SDMC primary school located in Delhi